This isn’t a typical advertising agency opportunity. Unlike big global agencies, you won’t be stuck in one role type. You’ll gain exposure to all areas of the business and have lots of variety in your day-to-day work. Making Science has a great working environment and is based in the heart of London’s West End.
We do everything we can to make our culture collaborative and caring, with an openness that invites growth and sharing knowledge. We want this role to accelerate your career in digital advertising and help you to play a major part in growing Making Science. We can offer you the chance to become a leading figure within the company while broadening your experience on multiple digital acquisition channels.
We’re looking for someone with a Maths (or similar) degree that had a big emphasis on data and data analysis.
No experience required but any experience of running paid digital campaigns on any of the major platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, Google Search, UAC, GDN, Apple Search Ads) would be beneficial.
We’re looking for a person who will be able to contribute to the success of Making Science by utilising their skills to manage digital campaigns.
You will work closely with your line manager and Pod/Account Manager and the rest of the Performance team, led by the Head of Performance.
You will work across every aspect of digital advertising from planning, strategy, creative briefing and set-up to execution, analysis, optimisation and client management.
What we’d like you to do:
- Monitor all data points through the user funnel, analyse performance, identify areas for improvement and take action to improve overall results
- Recognise trends of key performance indicators
- Plan and document campaign strategies in line with a test and learn approach
- Set up digital campaigns accurately and logically
- Think creatively when formulating targeting and creative options
- Collect, track and record data from a variety of sources
- Spot check and reconcile data sets
- Troubleshoot tracking and reporting issues
- Provide ad hoc reports to managers and clients
- Create a close relationship with our clients through impeccable client service
- Be presentable and have a friendly, positive approach
- Prepare regular insightful updates on campaign performance
- Find smart solutions to client objectives
- Brief compelling copy and creative for clients, considering their tone of voice and brand
- Liaise with 3rd-party partners and advertising technology platforms
- Support senior management in preparing for new business pitches and bringing new clients onboard
- Ensure work is prioritised and implemented based on agreed deadlines
- Keep a tight grip on the market and competitors to discover new opportunities and implement relevant changes
What we’d like you to bring:
Our people thrive because they are self-motivated, ambitious and team players. But most importantly, they love working in a fast-paced, growing business where everyone is encouraged to make a difference to how the company lives and breathes.
- Data-driven, analytical thinker with a hands-on approach and can-do attitude
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with data manipulation capabilities using weighted average formulas, pivot tables and visualisations
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about the digital advertising industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Focused and highly organised
- Methodical and inquisitive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to interact effectively with both clients and other team members
Perks of joining us
- Gym membership
- 23 days of holidays (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours and two days a week where you can work from home. We also finish at 3pm on Fridays!
- Referral program
- Free language classes and daily learning capsules
- Work comfortably and follow your own style because we don’t have a dress code.